After the Google page rank update on 03 Apr 10, Techlineinfo got the membership in the Page rank 6 club. The same day I announced this through a post and posted the same to some blogs and forums . After that my inbox flooded with the accolades and queries regarding the secret of this dream page rank.
You may not believe I checked the page rank of this site on first time on02 Jan 10, after going through an article on Google page rank update. In that update my page rank was increased from zero to three. Then I carried out a little bit study on page rank and its importance, but got a mixed response from various sources so I didn’t take much care on that. While “Googling” I came across one interesting table on the Google page rank calculation which gives a rough calculation on how many back links you needs to get a particular page rank.
|How many links you need from pages with PR ==>||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|To get PR of your page (not taking into consideration relinking) at least: ==>||2||101||18||3||1||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|8||2.8 mil.||0.5 mil.||92414||16803||3055||555||101||18||3||1|
|9||15 mil.||2.8 mil.||0.5 mil.||92414||16803||3055||555||101||18||3|
|10||84 mil.||15 mil.||2.8 mil.||0.5 mil.||92414||16803||3055||555||100||18|
If this table is true, for getting a page rank of 7 you need at least 3 links from PR 8 site or 500 links from PR 5 site (Internal linking of the pages are also important).
I didn’t follow this table and never ran behind the blogs for link building. But after the recent page rank update analyzed this with my blog. This blog is not with millions of back links. But I have few solid back links from the high ranked pages . Getting a back link from such high page rank sites is not an easy task (Especially from the sites more than 8).
Go through the “about” page of this blog and you will get the idea about the links. These links are the result of my hard work. But the funniest part is I have not done all these things intentionally for page ranking. I was not even aware of that. Everything came incidentally. Remember the quote “Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder…”.
If you are giving so importance to Google page ranking, and like to get a higher ranking within a short period then don’t waste your time in link buying and comment spams. Spare a little time for some creativity and try to get at least one or two links from a high page rank sites in a fair way. Even a single link can shoot up your rank.
Some Known facts on Google Page rank
- Page rank shows the importance of a particular page in Google point of view.
- Search ranking is not related with Page ranking.
- The links with “nofollow” tag will not contribute in increasing page rank
- Link buying and selling can reduce your page ranking.
- Quality links from high ranked site will increase page ranking.
- Google paid their 1.8 million shares to Stanford University to get the license right of Page rank. This shows the importance of page rank (But in which way- debatable or known to Google only).
- Page rank calculation by Google is a continuous process but they update the page rank button at frequent intervals only. The reliable and accurate way to find the Page rank of a site is Google toolbar.
- Good page ranking and relevant keywords will influence the search result.
Hope this helped you and don’t forget to leave your valuable comments 🙂 Now the time starts for me to write more and more articles. If you are interested to be a part of this site you can also contribute through guest posts.