For a limited data plan monitoring and controlling the bandwidth is extremely necessary to save you wallet. There are several softwares available to monitor the internet bandwidth usage and most of them are paid such as DU meter, Netmeter etc. The free tools like Bit meter, Shaplus bandwidth monitor software are free. Here I am sharing a free software- Networx, the full featured bandwidth monitor beats almost all paid competitor softwares in this field.
I came across this software to help my friend who need a free application that can monitor the bandwidth of different users in a Windows machine separately . He and his friend share a data based broadband connection in a single PC with different user accounts and facing difficulty in usage accountability. None of the free applications are coming with this feature except Networx. Now let’s go through the features of this software
- 100% Free and supported with Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, Seven, 2008 32-bit and 64-bit
- Bandwidth usage report can be exported in different formats like Word, Excel and HTML
- Supervision of uploads and downloads
- Bandwidth usage of individual users on a same machine with different user accounts
- Works with dial-up, ISDN, Ethernet, Wifi and more..
- Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly and custom usage report
- Dial-up session report with detailed information of each sessions
- Speed meter gives real time information of download and upload speeds
- Scalable to your own modem download capabilities.
- Option to notify user or disconnect from the Internet automatically when network activity exceeds a certain level.
- Includes network information & testing tools with advanced Netstat that displays applications using your Internet connection.
- Easy singly click backup facility of statistics
- Password protection of statistics and account.
- Trace route option to trace the route of packet taking across internet
- Can set bandwidth quota for hourly , daily, weekly usage etc
- Ping option to check the communication link or to verify whether the host is existing or not.
- Supports 26 languages.
- Built in dial up tool
Then why to wait download the software from here