I will update after i configure with linux
is it possible that i use Tata Photon + instrument and run the Reliance Net….
thanks for content , it help me lot in my setup
Does it work ?
Did any body tried and tested it ?
By the way.. who is this dumb nut wants to use reliance net on tata device ?
After doing all the steps mentioned above my photon still not browsing the web. But I understand that it connects. I tried to copy the resolv.conf from /etc/ppp to overwrite the /etc/resolv.conf. Apparently no resolv.conf file is created in /etc/ppp/resolv.conf.
Dear I have the same problem, It seems that net gets connected but the broser is down even after correcting resolv.conf. Help If U r done
What the hell does “Login to the Root as a root user” mean?
Should it be
Login as yourself?
Sorry …corrected. Thanks for pointing out.
I am using tata photan plus device named huwai ec 1260.
When I run the command on red hat linux shell prompt, it scans something something and then produces the error—- no usb modem was detected…
Make sure your Network Manager is not screwing up things for you. For me it used to rewrite the resolv.conf and hence nothing worked. As a solution, I stopped Network Manager service and then edited resolv.conf and this worked like breeze.
step – 4
I am getting the error :
bash: wvdialconf/etc/wvdial.conf: No such file or directory
What should I do?
i installed fedora 10 with live cd.my tata photon+ model is Ec 1261.Does it possible to do internet with this model in fedora 10.
Successful configuration of TATA PHOTON+ on Kubuntu on DELL
Modem: Huawei Modem 270+ (EC1261)
All the above post are good but scattered, so here I put a complete details altogether that will be required for the newer modem that has inbuilt storage.
1. You will need usb-modeswitch, usb-modeswitch-data, wvdail . To install issue the command ‘sudo apt-get install usb-modeswitch usb-modeswitch-data wvdial”.
2. Check your Modem device – After 5 sec of inserting the modem device, issue the command ‘lsusb’
Here you will see your device as ‘Bus 002 Device 025: ID 12d1:140b Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.’ or ‘Bus 002 Device 007: ID 12d1:1446 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.’
3. To avoid any mis-configuration, edit the file ‘/etc/usb_modeswitch.d/12d1\:1446′ at line TargetProductList=”1001,1406,140c,14ac” to TargetProductList=”1001,1406,140c,14ac,140b”
Create a new file ‘/etc/usb_modeswitch.d/12d1\:140b:uMa=AnyDATA’, you can issue the command
sudo cp “/etc/usb_modeswitch.d/12d1:1446″ “/etc/usb_modeswitch.d/12d1\:140b:uMa=AnyDATA”.
In the new file ‘/etc/usb_modeswitch.d/12d1\:140b:uMa=AnyDATA’, edit the line TargetProductList=”1001,1406,140c,14ac,140b” to TargetProductList=”140b”
4. Create the file ‘/etc/usb-modeswitch.conf’ as follow:
# Huawei E270+ (HSPA+ modem)
5. Then run the command ‘sudo usb_modeswitch -c /etc/usb_modeswitch.d/12d1:140b:uMa=AnyDATA’
If it says that ‘Waiting for original device to vanish …’, then after say 5 secs issue it again. Now, it will say:
Original device is gone already, not checking
Searching for target devices …
Mode switch succeeded. Bye.
6. Setting up wvdial. Create/edit the file /etc/wvdial.conf. The file should look like
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
Modem Type = Analog Modem
Baud = 115200
New PPPD = yes
Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0
ISDN = 0
Phone = #777
Password = internet
Username = internet
7. Checking modem : ls -l /dev/ttyU*, it will show something like
crw-rw—- 1 root dialout 188, 0 2011-01-28 16:07 /dev/ttyUSB0
crw-rw—- 1 root dialout 188, 1 2011-01-28 16:07 /dev/ttyUSB1
crw-rw—- 1 root dialout 188, 2 2011-01-28 16:07 /dev/ttyUSB2
8. Dial out – To connect issue the command sudo wvdial.
And you will be connected to internet using your TATA PHOTON+ on Kubuntu
Oh, Thank you so much Anisur. The instructions worked like a charm.
One small part: usb_modeswitch did not quite succeed when I ran. It said
Searching for target devices …
No new devices in target mode or class found
Mode switch has failed. Bye. ”
But after that running wvdial still connected. I manually edited /etc/resolv.conf to enter the nameserver information.
Hey Mullick i have done all the steps that u mention but nothing gonna happen in my tata photon plus device model No:EC 1261 plz help me out of this
I have installed ubuntu 10.04
The alternate method worked for me.
I am using HUAWEI EC1260 usb modem.
Tried with ubuntu 10.10 working off usb drive – demo version.
Thanks for the useful tip !
Thank you very much for posting here… It worked for me
I was searching for very long
If the responses are posted latest-first then it is easier – else the whole chain needs to be read.
it cant find my modem
iam using 10.4 LTS
sir, i am not able 2 connection tata photon in fedora..pls brifly explain the steps for that connection…
i found this is very useful…
and i would like to ask a favour from u!..
i have done all that u said !..
and i would like to know what these commands are doing!..
in simple words i what to know what i have done technically!…
thank u in advance!..:)
again thanks for the timing help!…
I set up the device with this procedure. Working perfectly… Thanks a lot
what are the apn ,proxy ,port no for tata photon plus?
My Rel AC2726 gets listed as /dev/ptmx, i have gotten so far, but the after i dial wvdial, it says Sending ATZ and then says modem not responding. Please Help
Try the following:
When you run usb_modeswitch and it says waiting for the old device to disappear – take out your modem and put it back. That may make it happy.
Thanks a lot for the instructions. I was able to connect my Tata Photon in a jiffy.
1. My query is regarding switching of mode. Example : Rs 950/- is an unlimited pack which allows 5 GB of data transfer at 3.1 MBPS. If you consume this 5 GB before your monthly period you cannot connect to internet after that.
2. In Windows, in such a situation one can change the mode of data card from Hybrid to CDMA1.x from settings and continue surfing at 144kbps.
3. How can I achieve the same in Ubuntu (commands / howto to change mode)?
I use Lucid Lynx and Reliance netconnect bb plus (Huawei tech)
4. A solution to this will be highly appreciable.
Thanks in advance
Same problem here…. I use Ubuntu 11.10!!!
Those who have internet working but want to switch modes between ‘Photon+’ and ‘Photon Whiz’ speeds (EVDO, 1xRTT) and Hybrid modes on Linux itself (instead of requiring Windoze for the task), I recently found the solution after TONNES of wandering around on the internet, and thought it’d share it. Here goes.
1. Install Minicom from the package manager. It was in the repositories on my Ubuntu-based distro (dunno about other distros).
2. Connect your modem, let modem-manager manage it, but do NOT connect to the internet (don’t select a connection).
3. In a terminal, run –
sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB2
4. After it initializes – if we have specified the correct interface (‘/dev/ttyUSB0′) you should be able to type right away. If not, try the same thing but with /dev/ttyUSB0, 1, etc. In my case it was 2.
5. Now, you can enter AT commands in Minicom. Stuff like –
(gives device info)
There are tons of other AT commands which do a lot of fun stuff, but the one for us right now is –
(to know what mode is set currently. There are three modes, 2 = 1xRTT, 4 = EVDO, 8 = Hybrid)
(will change it to force 1xRTT, change the last number according to what you want – like I said above, 2 = 1xRTT, 4 = EVDO, 8 = Hybrid)
If all goes well, it should give an affirmative statement (prefmode=whatever you wrote).
6. Quit Minicom by pressing Ctrl+A, Q, and then selecting ‘Yes’.
7. Now select your connection. Check if the speed difference occured (1x is the slow one, EVDO is the fast one).
If you have any problems, leave a comment here, or go to the IRC channel of network manager (#nm on freenode).
Epic levels of thanks to dcbw of network-manager for patiently getting this to work for me over IRC.
FWIW, here are some some AT command-related links I found in the process (might be of use if you have some other problems with your modems)
how can i connect my micromax device to the linux?
hey sujith i have installled red hat 5 n how should i install my HUAWAEI EC152 (tata photon plus) on it..plzzz help..
i am using andriod 2.1 based archos TAB, can u pl help me in knowing how to use tata photon internet dongle with this.
help is highlt appreciated.
This worked….thanks a lot….
Hi, can i use Tata Photon plus [ Huawei EC156] in Android 2.2 laptop OR in Windows CE 6.0. Waiting for your early reply
How Can i get Speed of tata docomo 3g
Hi Mr Sujith, I just bought karbonn smart tablet (Android 4.0) and tata photon plus. But I can’t connect to internet or 3G. Is it support or not. If it support, please can you help me to fix my problem. I don’t even know how to set configuration and access point too.
I’ll be very glad if you can help me.
THANKS IN ADVANCE
PS: I’ll subscribe all your feed surely.
I am trying to configure a TP Link router MR3220 with Internet connection through Reliance Netconnect Model No. AC8710.
I am able to connect with the router but not getting Internet service.
I am being asked for an APN and I cannot find anyone – including at Reliance – who knows what the APN is for the Reliance Netconnect AC8710.
I don’t even know what APN means.
I would appreciate any help. Thanks
Leave a Comment
Replies to my comments
Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.