It has been two years since the apple man reveled the next generation PC the iPAD which he believed would change the future computing, every other competitor where jaw-dropped seeing the sales it made.Microsoft is a late comer but nevertheless its season of tablets,many are preferring tablets over laptops. Microsoft unveiled the two new variants of the new tablet in Los Angeles yesterday.
The two tablets are named as Windows RT and Windows 8 pro,each having its own different hardware specifications but running the same windows 8 operating system which was unveiled last year,only the consumer preview of windows 8 was released and full version is expected to release in year-end.
SPECIFICATIONS OF WINDOWS RT:
- Operating system : Windows RT (windows 8 spiced with some extra feature ).
- Processor: ARM based (powered by NVIDIA).
- Screen size : 10.6 inch clear type HD display.
- Connectivity: microSD,USB 2.0,Micro HD video, MIMO antennae (for WiFi and cellular communication).
- Thickness: 9.3mm.
- Weight: 676 g.
- Battery: 31.5 w-h
- Practical: VaporMg case and stand.
- Productivity tools : Office 15 Apps,Touch cover,Type cover etc.
- Storage : 32GB and 64 GB variants.
- SPECIFICATIONS OF WINDOWS 8 PRO
- Operating system : Windows 8 pro (windows 8 spiced for laptop/ultrabook functions).
- Processor: Core Ivy Bridge (powered by INTEL).
- Screen size : 10.6 inch clear type HD display with 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Protection : Corning Gorilla glass 2
- Connectivity: microSDXC,USB 3.0,Micro HD video, MIMO antennae (for WiFi and cellular communication).
- Thickness: 13.5mm.
- Weight: 909 g.
- Battery: 42 w-h
- Practical: VaporMg case and stand.
- Productivity tools : Office Apps,Touch cover,Type cover,Pen with Palm Block etc.
- Storage : 64GB and 128 GB variants.
The CEO Steve Ballmer said that “Much like Windows 1 needed the mouse,we wanted to give windows 8 its own hardware”, Microsoft has put lot of effort designing this hardware which is reflected in sleek design,thin as paper and looks worthy as IPAD rival.These two tablets will face competitions with IPAD and Android tablets,on the other side is should also last in battle with other Microsoft 8 running tablets from other manufacturers.
What’s NEW in the surface?
The surface is the key factor of the new tablet,its only 9.3mm,this is sleek than IPAD which is 9.5mm thick,the slim design makes it portable enough to read and surf the web.
The PRO variant has 16:9 aspect ratio will provide great picture for movies,the full HD entertains the users like the IPAD,however the PPI and other specifications are not available.
Surface comes with an integrated Kickstand and a revolutionary, 3mm thin, pressure sensitive cover that doubles as a fully functioning keyboard and track-pad.The tablet and the keyboard can be connected with a single magnetic click,this connection looks good as its not clumsy and wired as found in other tablets,It also has trackpad which will can be used for comfortable web surfing.
The rear-facing LifeCam is angled to 22 degrees which makes the recording Hands-free and more comfortable.
The internal hardware is protected with VaporMg casing,the PRO variant also has the latest Gorilla Glass 2 display which will have good resistance to scratch.
The tablet comes with different Keyboard covers from black to pink making it catchy.
Both the release date and pricing of the two variants are not disclosed,infact Microsoft has took lot of effort to keep this design under the dark.The ARM model is said to be competitive with a comparable ARM tablets and it will be available in store at the same time Microsoft launches Windows 8. The Intel model (PRO) will be a bit more expensive . The Intel model will be available only around 90 days after the ARM-based tablet launch .Seeing the technical specification it looks like RT variant is only affordable,but if you need Office 15 and other apps you need to spend little more to buy PRO model.
So what do you think? Is this design feature attractive?? will you buy this when it hits the store ??? leave your comments