ZTE ZXDSL 531 is a type 2 Modem supplied by BSNL with 4 Lan and WIFI. This is a comparatively cheap and best Wifi modem. The cost of this Modem is 1600/- if purchased through BSNL. Here the method to configure this Modem in bridge and PPPoE mode.
Connect your Modem and computer through the supplied Ethernet cable.
Open your browser and type http://192.168.1.1. Now a pop up window will come up. Enter the user name “admin” and password “admin”
After loging in click “Advance setup” in the left side of the page. Then a table will be shown. check the check box in the first row showing pvc 0 under the head remove, then click Remove button at the bottom.
Click Add, ensure the vci value as 35 , click Next.
For customers using dialer for broadband (Means user id and password to be entered in your dialer)
- Select the connection type as Bridging and encapsulation as LLC, click Next.
2. Click Apply/Save, the table again appears, click Save and Reboot at the bottom of the table, wait for approx. 3 min. to automatically reboot the modem. After the modem reboots, connect your broadband using the your broadband dialer.
3 To make a dialer, go to Control panel , Network connection > create new connection
For customer using Always On mode(PPPoE Mode)
This mode suitable for sharing the broadband connection for multiple users through Ethernet cable or Wifi. In this mode the user id and password is stored inside the Modem and connection will be established by simply switching ON the modem. No dialer is required.
- Select the connection type as PPPOE over Ethernet (PPPoE), click Next.
2. Type your broadband user name, password provided by your ISP and service name as multiplay, click Next.
3. Click next upto the last page, click Apply/Save.
4. The table again appears, click Save and Reboot at the bottom of the table, wait for approx. 3 min. to automatically reboot the modem. After the modem reboots, confirm the stability of DSL light, after it becomes stable, you can start using your internet connection.