Most of the mobile phone users using Opera Mini or the default web browser of the phone for web browsing. Opera Mini has the market share of 70% in mobile browser world. Opera mini not supports Flash videos, this is a main shortcoming with this browser. Means you can’t watch your favorite Youtube videos with this browser. Here comes a new browser for race named Bolt swanks as “lightning fast browsing” on all the phones supports Java, means almost all colour screen mobile phones.
- PC-style Web browsing on high and low-end devices – you do not need a smart phone to use BOLT. You can use this in any entry level colour display phones.
- A full featured mobile Web browser that supports streaming videos, RSS feeds, social media sites, Google Maps etc.
- Can be installed on nearly all Java-based handsets since the browser requires only Java MIDP 2 and CLDC 1.0 or higher support.
- You can navigate around a Web page with an arrow pointer similar to navigation with a mouse on a PC.
- Support for streaming videos of any length.Volume UP/DOWN controls in the inline media player
- Ability to rearrange the subscribed feeds using the ‘grab’ feature.
- Cache support that enables directly browsing back to a previously visited page
- Enhanced video support that includes inline media playing capability even on low-end devices.
- Split-screen mode features a rectangular magnifier floating over a zoomed out minimap of the entire Web page on the top 2/3 of the screen and a magnified view of the content under the magnifier on the bottom 1/3 of the screen.
- One click access on Home Page that ensures the cursor jumps to the desired widget
- Supports inline text editing, enabling you to input text on a Web page just as you would on your desktop PC.
- Provides a convenient way to organize pages that you visit frequently using Favorites
- Supports XML Web feeds in RSS, ATOM, and RDF format. The version numbers supported are:
- RSS: 0.9, 0.91, 0.92, 0.93, 1.0, 2.0
- ATOM: 0.3, 1.0
- RDF: 0.9
- Supports copy-and-paste operations allowing you to copy text from Web pages and paste it into a text box, text area or even BOLT’s URL address bar and “Find in Page” widget.
- Download manager assists you in downloading files from Web sites and your Web mail. Files are downloaded directly within BOLT without the need to launch the native browser. The download byte counter increases as the download progresses.
- Supports uploading files over HTTP directly by selecting files from the device’s local file directory, supports adding attachments to Webmail.
- Pop up blocker
- Supports making phone calls to the phone numbers displayed on a Web page directly from the Browser.
- Can access FTP sites directly from BOLT by typing the Internet address (URL) for the FTP site you want to connect to (for example, ftp://funet.fi/) in the URL entry bar.
It is very easy to download and install this browser. type the following url in your default mobile browser. http://www.boltbrowser.com/download.html.Then complete the registration process. You will be directed to a Web page with five download links. Click the appropriate download link and simply follow the onscreen instructions on your phone until the installation process is complete. You will also be emailed the download links at the email address you provide while registering. Most of the Nokia phones downloaded applications goes to “games” folder. Move the same to your desired folder and click on the Bolt application icon. Start browsing.